Skip to main content

No island- Krabi

    Hello everyone, I would like to share some sad news with you: today is the day when I’m sharing with you my last post from beautiful Thailand. I can promise you, this time it’s a beautiful story, with,I hope, you will like. Let me know what you think by leaving your feedback under the post, please. 
    Our last destination, in Thailand, was Krabi and it’s completely different story to Patong’s. 
I’ve booked us a hotel (room in the hotel, I mean, of course) in Krabi Town ( I didn’t checked it properly and we have been quite far from the town; just an hour walk, one way), which hasn’t got any connection with the sea (calm nights for me) and the funny name of the town comes from the fact that you can find lots of tiny crabs there, on the side of the river. I’ll be honest with you, we have tried to walk, from the hotel to town, but it was eating lots of our time and energy so we decided to hire a moped. We had really good price; only 1000 Baths for 5 days. It was the best decision because Krabi has got some incredible landscapes which we totally fell in love with. Bike helped us to getting not only to different places but also to the small night, food market (we love night markets) situate by the river. There are two night markets in Krabi but one is open only during weekends and it’s not that good, in my opinion, as the other one which is open every evening. This little market was brilliant. We had our favourite ‘restaurant’ where we ate the best egg fried rice ever! 
    We quickly found out that bike is kind of a necessity because everything was quite far away. Now, I’ll tel, you what we have done,seen or visited during our stay here and also I’ll tell you if it was worth it or not. 

1. Krabi town and a little temple ( Wat Kaew).
Krabi town has got great, very Thai atmosphere. It’s nice and quite place. We were there in a low (rainy) season and it was perfect for us, we really don’t like crowds. It was a very first time that we went to visit a temple and we basically had it all to ourselves (if we wouldn’t count those few monks we met). It’s a pretty, little temple and definitely ‘mus see’ if you are in Krabi.

2. Tiger Cave.
I don’t know where is this name coming from because I haven’t seen any wild cats there but I saw,  more than enough, monkeys so I would probably call it Monkey Cave or something like that. Anyway the place is awesome. You have to hike 1237 steps up to see the temple but you should really do it (as long as you haven’t got any heart problems), even if you aren’t a big fan of temples or you think you already seen enough of them because the view from the top is clearly breathtaking. It took us about 45 minutes to hike (with few, short breaks for water) and I think this is an average time ( once we had to stop for a bit longer because we both felt dizzy, fortunately we had water, bananas and some biscuits with us, what helped to rise sugar level up) especially that it was a very hot day. As I said this place is amazing and real ‘must go’ when you are in Krabi. 

3. Krabi hot springs.
It’s a nice place but it starts to be over populated. It’s very famous and the entrance fee is 160 Baht per person (I think it’s a bit pricey for something created by nature, not people). There is a walk way and you can also pay for a lift by golf car (walk isn’t longer than 5 mins). There are two toilets there but the state of it was far from good so I don’t recommend using them. As I said it’s a nice, very relaxing place but I don’t feel like I would miss out if we wouldn’t go there. 

4. Krabi 4 islands tour. 
Last but not least, we have decided to take one of those ‘ready to go’ tours to see whats around. Now that’s a good TIP: because we have been there in low season we only paid half price (!!). That was perfect for us because our budget was very limited. 
The four islands tour was a great choice. They showed us ‘Chicken island’ (  think it looked more like a turtle) and took us to few different, beautiful islands surrounded by crystal clear, amazingly blue water.i couldn’t believe in this beauty. I can really recommend you this tour. The price was reasonable and you will really see a lot, plus you have a meal in the price. We have ended our tour at the famous Railey Beach. I have heard it’s a great place if you like climbing and it really looks like it but we didn’t had time to try so we just been relaxing in the water. I must say that the rocks above the water has got an incredible form.

That’s a few places we visited and I can name them but Krabi has got some beautiful beaches (almost empty in low season) and lots of nice restaurants ( I can recommend Hilltop if you are looking for a sunset spot) or coffee shops (we loved our pancakes at Owl cafe). So yes, definitely, Krabi is a great place to visit if you are thinking of exploring Thailand. 

And that’s it, we are ending our Thai journey here, but don’t worry it’s not the end of our Big Asian Adventure. We have visited 4 more countries, which I would like to tell you about, so stay with me. I hope to see you soon. 

Love, Klaudia.



























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Panoramic view

Panoramic can give you a wide angle view.  You can see more than just a little bit.   It can even be 360 degrees view.  Isn't that great?  The technique is still a trouble for me but it's my new goal to try, try and try as long as I'll be sure that every singe one will be perfect or close to be :) I have got a few, right know.  Come and have a look, please. 

Mój azjatycki pamiętnik cz.1

Specjalnie dla czytelników z polski! Co jakiś czas, naprzemiennie, będę tutaj dodawać posty po polsku. I to nie byle co, a wpisy z mojego pamiętnika z  naszej podróży po Azji. Miłego czytania. 13.06.18 Rumunia Nasza podróż rozpoczęliśmy wczoraj z rana. Podekscytowani podjechaliśmy taksówka na Stansted w Londynie, jeszcze niczego nie świadomi. Wszystko szło całkiem gładko, bez większych problemów do momentu w którym okazało się, ze nasz samolot ni ma pilota. To było jakoś po 6:30. Czyli w zasadzie już powinnismy być w samolocie, na pasie startowym, a my staliśmy przed samolotem czekając na cud. Potem już, lawinowo, było tylko gorzej. Wiedzieliśmy, ze mamy nie całe 3 godziny okienka między lądowanie w Sofii, a wylotem do Dubaju, ale czas nam się kurczył. Ponad 3 godziny spóźnienia. Placz, telefony, ogarnianie wszystkiego. Myślałam, ze padnę na zawał. Patrzyłam tylko na zegarek i nie mogłam uwierzyć, ze już powinnismy być w drodze do Dubaju...zamiast tego kiwi.com zorganizowało nam lot

Mój zjatycki pamiętnik cz. 8

11.08.2018 Chiang Mai, Tajlandia Dzisiaj trochę sobie pozwiedzaliśmy.  Fajnie było, szkoda tylko, ze to wszystko tak daleko, ze praktycznie 6 godzin spędziliśmy w busie. Wszystko trzeba było robić na szybko, a przy ostatniej świątyni, taj na której zależało nam najbardziej padał już deszcz.  My oczywiście nie za bardzo się tym przejęliśmy. Pobiegliśmy prosto do świątyni, przed która w końcu nie było ludzi, żeby robić zdjęcia. Świetne to było. Potem wszyscy się na nas patrzyli, ale co tam, raz się żyje. Drugi raz już tutaj pewnie nie przyjedziemy, wiec czemu nie.  14.08.2018 Patong, Phuket, Tajlandia Ta cześć naszej wyprawy miła być ta relaksująca. Hotel przy plazy z widokiem na morze, kolorowy pokój, blisko innych większych plaz. No, mieliśmy sobie tutaj po prostu odpocząć po dwóch pierwszych tygodniach w Tajlandii. Nic z tego. Przez wydarzenia w Indonezji i ten alert tsunami z przed dwóch tygodni napędziły mi totalnego strachu. Wczoraj nie mogłam zasnąć. Ciagle nasłuchiwałam odg