Skip to main content

Philippines- my subjective opinion

It’s time for the last post about Philippines (how upsetting is that?). In my previous post you could find a bunch of useful information about 4, different places we visited (HERE) as well as comparison Net vs Reality (HERE). Today, I’ll talk to you about things which I liked and those which I liked less (to not say disliked). 

+
 
1. Beaches- definitely my number 1! They are just perfect. Big, sandy and empty! Plus, water is just pleasantly warm and crystal clear. What else do you need?

2. Palm trees- They make the landscape look so dreamy. I could ride around forever and never be bored. 

3. Weather- we expected heavy rains but we had nothing other than beautiful sun (maybe a few, showers 馃槈)

4. No tourists- Philippines are like the best world’s kept secret. 

5. Activists- each place we visited had prepared plans of tours, so you can see best points around. Great option if you aren’t rich enough to rent your own boat and you haven’t got much time. 

6. Water in the sea-I’m scared of waves but I felt comfortable spending time in the water here because it wasn’t crazy ‘active’ especially that the colour is so inviting. 


-

1. ‘White man tax’- everything costs more for tourists than locals. 

2.No prices labels in the shops- you never know what is the real price.

3. Nick-nicks- little, black flies on the beach. They are biting, leaving itchy spots on your skin. 

4. Hygiene- or maybe lack of. You need to be very careful, I coughed salmonella from their eggs. 

There was one thing which shocked me a lot. People! I’ve heard that people in Philippines are extremely nice (and my friends from Philippines, who lives in England, are!) but we didn’t experience it. They were completely cold and not interested when I was ill and we thought to go to the hospital. They didn’t want to help us when we found out that our hotel  booking was cancelled and no one informed us. 
But they were more than happy to charge us 10 times more for a taxi. 

So be careful, maybe we were unlucky or others were very lucky 馃槈

However, I think Philippines is a beautiful place to visit and I would highly recommend it to everyone- if you are asking me. 




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No island- Krabi

    Hello everyone, I would like to share some sad news with you: today is the day when I’m sharing with you my last post from beautiful Thailand. I can promise you, this time it’s a beautiful story, with,I hope, you will like. Let me know what you think by leaving your feedback under the post, please.      Our last destination, in Thailand, was Krabi and it’s completely different story to Patong’s.  I’ve booked us a hotel (room in the hotel, I mean, of course) in Krabi Town ( I didn’t checked it properly and we have been quite far from the town; just an hour walk, one way), which hasn’t got any connection with the sea (calm nights for me) and the funny name of the town comes from the fact that you can find lots of tiny crabs there, on the side of the river. I’ll be honest with you, we have tried to walk, from the hotel to town, but it was eating lots of our time and energy so we decided to hire a moped. We had really good price; only 1000 Baths for 5 days...

M贸j azjatycki pami臋tnik cz 11

01.09.2018 Johor Bahru, Malezja Nie ogarniam po co w tych wszystkich hotelach s膮 ludzie od sprz膮tania skoro tutaj zawsze jest taki syf. Serio za ka偶dym razem, co zmieniamy hotel, mam uczucie 偶eby samej posprz膮ta膰 pok贸j. No prosz臋 Ci臋, jakie to jest sprz膮tanie skoro na lustrze s膮 takie zacieki, ze si臋 przejrze膰 nie da, a okna wo艂aj膮 o mycie bo 艣wiat艂o s艂oneczne nie jest w stanie si臋 przebi膰 przez warstw臋 brudu. No cos okropnego. No ale tez, czego mo偶na si臋 spodziewa膰 skoro my p艂acimy troch臋 ponad sto funt贸w za siedem nocy, czasami ze 艣niadaniem (tak jak przypadku tego hotelu w kt贸rym jeste艣my teraz). Wiadomo, ze jak si臋 jedzie po tanio艣ci to si臋 luksus贸w mie膰 nie b臋dzie. Ale w sumie o to chodzi艂o, to nie mia艂y by膰 wakacje na wypasie tylko podr贸偶, kt贸ra pomo偶e nam pozna膰 inne kultury. Tutaj w JB jest bardzo du偶o hindus贸w i islamist贸w. Wszystkie kobiety s膮 ciemnowlose, cz臋sto z zakrytymi twarzami. No i w tym wszystkim jestem Ja. Bia艂a kobieta z blond w艂osami (je艣li to mo偶na nazwa膰 blond...

M贸j azjatycki pami臋tnik cz. 9

19.08.2018 Patong, Phuket, Tajlandia Wczoraj znowu cieszy艂am si臋, ze jeste艣my w wielkim 艣wiecie. Wypo偶yczyli艣my skuter i troch臋 pozwiedzali艣my. Fajnie bo pojechali艣my zobaczy膰 wielkiego Budd臋 kilka 艣wi膮ty艅 i nigdzie nie trzeba by艂o p艂aci膰 za wst臋p. Totalnie inaczej do wszystkich miejsc w kt贸rych dotychczas byli艣my. W Bankgkoku chyba najwiecej wydali艣my w艂a艣nie na op艂aty za wst臋p do r贸偶nych miejsc. W Chiang Mai raz zap艂aci艂am, a nawet nie mog艂am wej艣膰 do 艣wi膮tyni, tak偶e to by艂a mi艂a odmiana. Zw艂aszcza, ze te miejsca by艂y pi臋kne. Nie powiem 偶eby by艂y inne od tych kt贸re ju偶 widzieli艣my ale by艂y bardzo 艂adne. No i w ko艅cu mogli艣my zje艣膰 gdzie艣 indziej ni偶 w najbli偶szej knajpce bo mogli艣my sobie tam podjecha膰. Mimo faktu, ze Patong wydaje si臋 by膰  niewielkim miasteczkiem do tego marketu, gdzie byli艣my wczoraj skuterem (10 min) dzisiaj zajmie nam to pewnie z godzin臋, 偶eby tam dodreptac. No c贸偶, tak to jest jak si臋 chce oszcz臋dza膰 pieni膮偶ki. Troch臋 艣wiruje z tym tsunami. Ciagle sprawdz...